Have you embarked on a career in marketing or fallen into one, but haven’t undergone formal marketing training? If this is you, a CIM qualification will put you on the right path on your career journey. Start in April and you could have a professional marketing qualification before the end of the summer.
CIM qualifications enable professionals to develop their understanding of the principles of marketing and its role within an organisation. A professional qualification will not only give you greater confidence in yourself, but will also provide current or potential employers’ and clients with greater confidence in your ability to support the growth of their organisation.
- CIM Study Centre: SAND Marketing Academy
- Location of Study: Newry
- Tutor: Denise Hamill MCIM, Digital Den Marketing
- Face to Face Tuition: 12 hours, Wed evenings, 6:30-8:30pm
- Training Dates: 3rd, 10th & 17th April and 1st, 8th & 15th May 2019
- Assessment: 1 assignment – a report and marketing plan
- Cost: £500
- CIM Fees: membership £60 per annum
- CIM Assessment Entry: £145 per module/award
- Payment plans available.
Integrated Communications Award
You will learn how to combine marketing theory, frameworks and models with practical information to make better marketing communications decisions. After completing this course you’ll be able to use integrated marketing communications (IMC) in the process of creating valuable brands and winning consumers.
- Learn how to create a brand/marketing strategy
- Discover how to use promotional tools and media to improve acquisition, conversion and retention
- Understand how to manage budgets, teams and agencies
- Walk away with examples of KPIs and metrics to track
- Case studies from local and international organisations
- FREE Module textbook
- Stacks of workbooks and planning templates to help you every day in your job
- Sample past assignments and plans
- The purpose of Marketing Communications
- How to use promotional tools and media
- Building and Supporting Brands
- Communications & Brand Strategies
- Marketing Communications Plans
- Internal and External Communications
- Working with Agencies
- Budgeting Techniques
- Evaluating Marketing Communications – purpose, principals and tools
- Buyer Behaviour – consumer, customer – what are the differences?
- Influences and Learning
- Communication and Learning Models
Prerequisites & Preparation
This is an intermediate qualification so you will need to have either the CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing, a BTEC, HNC, HND or Degree in marketing or at least 2 years of marketing experience.
You will learn by undertaking activities so we need you to come prepared. Please bring the following:
- Laptop or tablet or at the very least a notepad and pen
- Access to your google analytics, email and social media insights
- Background of the company or project that you want to focus on during the exercises portion
- Your business objectives (be as specific as possible i.e. increase sales from 100 units a month to 130 units per month)
The course delivery includes:
- Guided learning hours
- Practical and work-based learning
- Supported self-study time
- Assessment preparation and assessment completion
To study a qualification with CIM, you need to become a member. This will give you access to CIM’s learning resources including reports, journals, publications, ebooks, webinars, an online content hub and CIMs quarterly digital magazine, Catalyst.
CIM is the world’s leading professional body for marketers. It is an Ofqual regulated provider and CIM qualifications are also accredited by the European Marketing Confederation. CIM has been supporting professional marketers for over 100 years and currently have more than 14,000 studying members in 110 countries. Each year 20,000+ assessments are taken by CIM students.
Upgrade Your Award to Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing
This module can be taken as an individual award or combined into the full qualification comprising of two mandatory modules and one elective. To achieve the full qualification, a pass in both mandatory modules and one elective module is required.
Marketing: Assessed by a Multiple-choice exam in a controlled environment.
Integrated Communications: Assessed by an assignment, based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
Choice of elective module:
Customer Experience: Assessed by an assignment, based on a given scenario and an organisation of your choosing OR
Digital Marketing: Assessed by a work-based assignment broken down into research, plan and report.