Diversity Mark appointed Digital Den Marketing to partner with them on a 6-month contract to provide consultancy advice and practical delivery support on content and social media marketing. The focus of the project was to improve brand awareness online to support lead generation.
Digital Den Marketing carried out an initial digital audit of Diversity Mark’s online channels, including its website and social media analytics. This enabled us to identify audience, content, and performance insights as well as benchmarks to measure future performance against. The insights were fed into content strategies developed to increase brand awareness and engagement.
Denise’s work included:
- Research & Idea generation: Generation and development of content ideas in partnership with the Diversity Mark team.
- Website content & SEO: Copywriting, editing, content optimisation, and publishing content on the company website, and research, training, and practical support to improve website SEO.
- Social media marketing: Social media planning and publishing of posts.
- Email marketing: Assistance with template set-up, content ideas and content creation.
- Performance monitoring: Establishing monitoring processes and collating performance insights.
- Communications & Project Management: Regular calls, emails, and meetings to ensure projects were progressed.
A number of positive results were noted over the course of the project including:
Increase in content production
- Generation of ideas, training in-house staff, and practical assistance to create, edit, and publish content enabled Diversity Mark to increase the volume and quality of content produced and distributed each month.
Increase in website traffic
- By the end of month 5 of the partnership (May 2021), website traffic had surpassed total traffic in the whole of the previous year (2020).
- 133% increase in average monthly visitors to the website in the 6-month period from December 2020 to June 2021.
Greater Reach & Engagement on Social Media
- 41% increase in LinkedIn followers – this is the primary channel used to reach and engage with followers.
- 7% increase in Twitter followers
- 140% increase in website visits acquired via social media in the first 6 months of 2021, compared to total social media traffic in the 12 months of 2020.
- Greater consistency in posting habits
- Increased reach and engagement across all platforms
Improved Search Engine Optimisation
Whilst SEO wasn’t a specific requirement of the contract, Digital Den Marketing’s expertise in this area was utilised to optimise content for relevant keywords, resulting in improved rankings in search engines.
Education and Strategy Development
The audit findings provided insights on which tactics were more effective at driving traffic to the website and will inform the direction of the team’s digital marketing strategy going forward. Training in SEO, provision of templates and introduction to new digital tools also helped to educate and upskill the team in digital marketing.
“Bringing in Digital Den for a 6-month period was instrumental in our plans for growth throughout the UK and Ireland. Denise was able to provide detailed data and reports which enabled us to create content strategies and increase engagement through all our social media platforms and website, resulting in increased organic lead generation. The knowledge, education, and support that she provided was invaluable for our team, particularly looking at fresh new research, ideas, and case studies to make sure we were being efficient and engaging in all our communications. We would be very quick to work with Digital Den again on any future consultancy needs.”
Emma Lyttle, Engagement Manager at Diversity Mark.